Subject: As a U.S. Citizen you must have a valid U.S. Passport to travel to the United States
As we approach the holiday season, please be aware that United States citizens, even dual nationals, must travel on their valid U.S. passport when traveling to the United States. Failure to travel on a valid U.S. passport will cause you to be turned around at the airport. Please plan ahead to ensure your planned travel is not disrupted.
Actions to Take:
- Check the validity of your passport
- We recommended you renew your passport if it is due to expire within the next 6 months. Renewing your passport is easy and typically takes 2-3 weeks. For details on the process, visit ourpassport information page.
- Contact the Embassy if you have immediate travel to the United States
- If you are traveling to the United States and your U.S. passport is expired or about to expire, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you get an emergency passport. Do not try to travel on a foreign passport.
- Tell your friends!
- Help your fellow American citizens – share this information with them and encourage them to register with the Embassy’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive future alerts.