An official website of the United States government

Choose a Program Sponsor/Irish Partner Agency
February 3, 2022

Before you can apply for a J-1 visa, you must first apply for, and be accepted into an exchange visitor program through a designated sponsoring organization. Visit the Department of State J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program website for a list of U.S. sponsor organizations, and contact one of their Irish partner agencies.

Your program sponsor will issue you a DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility.  The DS-2019 documents your acceptance to an exchange program sponsored by a Department of State designated Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor.  Your designated sponsor will enroll you in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and your SEVIS number will be on your DS-2019 form.  You will need your SEVIS number when you complete your visa application.

These program sponsors work through an international partner agencies.

The partner agencies listed below recruit most of the J-1 participants from Ireland:

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.