The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers .
Waivers to the vaccination requirement(s) may be granted by the CDC on an extremely limited basis when extraordinary emergency travel (like an emergency medical evacuation) must occur to preserve someone’s health and safety, and vaccination cannot be completed before travel.
Individuals departing from the Republic of Ireland – or air carriers seeking to allow boarding by potentially qualifying individuals in the Republic of Ireland – who believe they meet the criteria for a waiver should contact the U.S. Embassy at USVisaDublin@state.gov, and provide the information below.
Please make the subject of your email COVID-19 Vaccination Waiver Request: Surname, First Name. The U.S. Embassy will then submit the request to the CDC for consideration.
The following information must be provided for each passenger:
a. Type of Humanitarian or emergency request
- Exception for requirement for proof of being fully vaccinated
b. Name (family name/surname, given name), passport number, and nationality
c. Cell phone number including country code of passenger or head of household if family unit
d. Email address of passenger or head of household if family unit
e. U.S. destination address
- Is U.S. destination home address?
f. Flight itinerary, including any connecting flights
- Flight #
- Departure airport and date of departure
- Arrival airport and date of arrival
g. Vaccination Status
- Fully Vaccinated
- Name of vaccine product (or products if a combination)
- Date of first dose
- Date of second dose (if a two-dose series)
- PDF or photograph of vaccination record
- NOT Fully Vaccinated
h. Purpose of travel to the United States (provide brief explanation of why urgent travel is needed and how travel will contribute to health and safety of passengers(s))
i. As applicable:
- Justification for humanitarian or emergency exception to providing proof of being fully vaccinated
j. Documentation to support justification for exception if provided (e.g., medical records or orders for medical evacuation)
k. Information regarding any other solutions that were sought prior to application (e.g., flight changes, testing en route, assistance in obtaining testing/vaccination, etc.)
- To see recent U.S. Embassy Dublin Health alerts, please go here.
- For information on public health measures in place in Ireland, visit their dedicated webpage.
- For additional current information go to the Irish government’s COVID-19 webpage.
- If you reside in Northern Ireland, please visit the website of the U.S. Consulate General in Belfast.