The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions .
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. Citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Ireland? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- The cost for a COVID-19 test through commercial suppliers typically range from €100 to €200 for RT-PCR tests.
- For more information visit: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/testing/get-tested/
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Are vaccines available in Ireland for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes , vaccines are available for residents, including resident U.S. citizens.
- Which vaccines are available in Ireland? The AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccines are currently approved for use in Ireland.
- Visit the Irish Health Services Executive (HSE) website for more information on COVID-19 vaccines in Ireland.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Presidential Proclamations
- COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19