Demonstration Alert: Scheduled Demonstration at Dublin City Center, October 10, 2020
Location: Dublin city center.
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Dublin wishes to inform U.S. citizens resident in or traveling in Ireland of a protest being organized by The National Party of Ireland to be held outside Government buildings this Saturday, October 10 at 1:00 pm. The purpose of the protest is to “end the lockdown” and the protest will likely disrupt traffic in the city for its duration. U.S. government personnel are strongly discouraged from being near protests and we encourage U.S. citizens in Ireland to monitor local media for updates on this and possible future protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area
- Avoid this and future demonstrations
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Dublin, Ireland
- +353 1 668-8777
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ireland Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow the State Department on Facebook and Twitter