Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Dublin, Ireland
March 23, 2018
Location: U.S. Embassy Dublin
Event: Reports indicate that a demonstration is planned for 3:00pm on Saturday, March 24, 2018 outside of the U.S. Embassy in Ballsbridge, Dublin, Ireland. The exact duration of the demonstration and number of participants are unknown.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Notify friends and family of your safety
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country-Specific Information Sheet for Ireland.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ireland, located at 42 Elgin Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, at +353 (1) 668-8777, after hours emergency number +353 (1) 668-8777, or by e-mail at ACSDublin@state.gov, or visit the Embassy website at https://ie.usembassy.gov/
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow the Department of State on Twitter and Facebook, and the U.S. Embassy Dublin on Twitter and Facebook.