Location: Dublin – Multiple Locations.
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Dublin wishes to inform U.S. citizens resident in or traveling in Ireland of possible protests, gatherings, and marches by large numbers of people that may take place Wednesday (St Patrick’s Day) around the city starting at noon. Areas may include: Herbert Park, the General Post Office, Leinster House, RTE in Donnybrook, and the Garden of Remembrance, among others. U.S. government personnel are strongly discouraged from being near protests, for both safety and health reasons.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area
- Avoid this and future demonstrations
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Continue to follow all health guidelines found in the coronavirus section of www.hse.ie.
- U.S. Embassy Dublin, Ireland
- +353 1 668-8777
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ireland Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow the State Department on Facebook and Twitter