Location: U.S. Embassy Dublin
Event: Reports indicate that a protest is planned for mid-day on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 outside of the U.S. Embassy in Ballsbridge, Dublin, Ireland. The exact duration of the protest and number of participants are unknown.
The U.S. Embassy has advised personnel to avoid areas where protests and large gatherings are taking place.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Notify friends and family of your safety
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country-Specific Information Sheet for Ireland.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ireland, located at 42 Elgin Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, at +353 (1) 668-8777, after hours emergency number +353 (1) 668-8777, or by e-mail at ACSDublin@state.gov, or visit the Embassy website at https://ie.usembassy.gov/
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.