Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Dublin, Ireland September 21, 2020
On September 15, the Government of Ireland announced its five-level plan for “Living with COVID-19” over the next six months. The plan sets out five different levels of restrictions that can be put in place across different counties depending on the levels of COVID-19 in each area.
On September 18, the Government of Ireland placed Dublin (County and City) on Level Three of its 5-level COVID-19 plan. The Government of Ireland’s designating Dublin as Level Three carries additional restrictions and will remain in effect for three weeks until October 9. The full details of the additional restrictions are available here. Some key changes include:
· Domestic Travel: Stay in the county of Dublin, or if living outside the county do not come into Dublin, apart from work, education, and other essential purposes.
· Social and family gatherings: A maximum of six people from 1 other household can visit one’s home. No social or family gatherings outside the home/garden should take place.
· Restaurants and pubs: Closed except for take away and outdoor dining.
· Work from home unless absolutely necessary to attend in person.
· Organized indoor gatherings: Not permitted (conferences, theatre/art events, etc.)
· Sports: Matches not permitted. Outdoor training is permitted.
· Museums, galleries, libraries: Closed
· Wedding and funerals: Maximum 25 participants.
For the complete Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for Living with COVID-19, and to review the level-specific restrictions, please visit the Irish Government’s COVID 19 webpage here https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/c36c85-covid-19-coronavirus/.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 and Ireland’s COVID-19 website for information on conditions in Ireland.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy/Consulate Dublin, Ireland
42 Elgin Road