Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Dublin, Ireland December 3, 2021
Event: On November 26, the White House announced a travel restriction for certain travelers physically present within the Republic of Botswana, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Malawi, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of South Africa, and the Republic of Zimbabwe due to the detection of a variant of the SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The policy does not apply to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and certain other categories of travelers. See the text of the announcement here. The new restrictions and requirements took effect on November 29.
U.S. citizens wishing to depart Ireland currently have multiple options via commercial air, land border crossings, and ferry. As always, U.S. citizens are reminded that transportation schedules can change without notice. Please check with airlines/carriers regarding flight cancellations and/or restrictions and keep apprised of the testing and vaccine requirements for any country you are transiting. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to have a departure plan that does not depend on U.S. government assistance. U.S. citizens are also encouraged to read our webpage on What the Department of State Can and Can’t do in a Crisis.
Please see contact information for airlines operating from Dublin and Shannon Airports below.
Telephone: 01 761 7846
Delta Air Lines
Telephone: 01 659 0298
Telephone: 1800 946 471
Telephone: 01 761 7835
Telephone: 1800 946 471
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information pages for updated information on COVID-19 related to the availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our Travel to the U.S. FAQs.
- U.S. Embassy Dublin
- Phone number: +353 1 668-8777
- Email Address: ACSDublin@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ireland Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter