Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Dublin, Ireland October 21, 2020
Event: The Government of Ireland has placed the entire country on Level 5 of its five-level plan for for a period of six weeks effective at midnight on Wednesday, October 21. The Level 5 restrictions will remain in effect through Tuesday, December 1. Level 5 restricts domestic travel to within 5 kilometers of one’s home with exceptions only for essential work, medical appointments, shopping for food, and other limited circumstances. Visits to one’s home or outdoor garden by members of another household are prohibited.
Additional Level 5 restrictions include: hotels, guesthouses, and B&Bs can provide services only to persons who are guests of those hotels or similar accommodation on the 21st day of October 2020 until the date of their departure; gyms, leisure centers and swimming pools are closed; all non-essential retail and personal services must close; public transport will be operating at 25 percent capacity and restricted to those providing essential services; school transport is unaffected. The full details of the additional restrictions are available .
Actions to Take:
- Abide by the Government of Ireland COVID-19 health guidelines and restrictions
- Monitor the Government of Ireland’s COVID-19 information page available via gov.ie for details of the latest restrictions and for future updates
- Monitor local media
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page
- U.S. Embassy Dublin, Ireland
- +353 1 668-8777
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ireland Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow the State Department on Facebook and Twitter