Acceptable – The head is centered and the correct size. Your photo should be 5 x 5cm (2 x 2 inches) on a white background taken within the last 6 months. You will need to ask specifically for this size.
- Irish/European Passport size photos are not the correct size.
- Uploaded/Printed selfies are not accepted.
- Home print out of photos are not accepted.
- Wearing items that obscure your face, glasses (even if prescription glasses), or earphones will cause your photo to not be accepted.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
Further details regarding Department of State photo guidelines can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html