To request an expedited appointment, you must first book an appointment via our online scheduling system. If no appointments are available before your intended travel date you still must book an appointment and then email your request for an expedited appointment to ACSDublin@state.gov with the subject line “Emergency Passport, Surname, First Name” please ensure to include the below information in your email:
- Full Name as per passport:
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Whether your passport has an endorsement printed on the final page:
- Most recent passport number (if available):
- Passport Issue and Expiry date:
- Do you have your most recent passport:
- Current Location:
- Reason for travel:
- Date of proposed travel:
- Date appointment scheduled for:
Please be aware that the U.S. Embassy is closed for both U.S. and Irish public holidays. A limited validity U.S. passport may be issued on the same day as your expedited appointment as determined by the consular officer.
If you intend to travel to another country with the limited validity emergency passport, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages.html to verify if the country will accept the emergency passport. Please note, not all countries accept the emergency passport for entry!
Lost passports are often recovered in Ireland. Please check with local Garda stations/lost and found services/transport services to see if it has been recovered before contacting the Embassy.
Please bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- DS-11 Passport application form: fill the form out electronically via the link, then print and bring it to your appointment. Do not sign form until the Consular Officer instructs you to do so at your appointment. This form cannot be submitted online. Alternatively, a printable PDF version is available here (101KB), which you can print and fill out by hand. Forms must be printed one sided, do not use correction fluid as this invalidates the application. Please disregard the instructions on the form as they are for U.S. citizens applying to renew a passport within the United States. Please only follow the instructions on this website.
- DS-64 Statement regarding a lost or stolen U.S. Passport book: (48KB) Please complete, print, and bring this form to your appointment – do not use correction fluid as this invalidates the form. If your passport is damaged, this form is not required, however you will be required to write a statement at your Embassy appointment which details how your passport became damaged.
- A Police Report: detailing the loss or theft of the passport, if available.
- All available Identification: such as a birth certificate, driver’s license, photocopy of the missing passport if lost/stolen, or an expired U.S. passport.
- One 2″x 2″ U.S. passport size photo: photo must have clear white background, no shadows, no eye glasses to be worn. Irish passport sized photos not accepted, the U.S. sized photos are a larger size – 2 inches x 2 inches. You can find all passport photo requirements here.
- Click here for Passport Fees. No expedited service is available outside of the U.S., please do not submit the additional fee for this service. Personal checks are not accepted. If paying by card both the holder of the card and the physical card must be present.
- Proof of immediate international travel: bring a copy of your itinerary and ticket reservations.
To replace a minor (under 16 years of age) lost/stolen U.S. passport, please prepare and bring the required documentation listen on the Renewal of a child’s passport under age 16 webpage, and include the DS-64 statement (48KB), and a police report. if possible. A stamped addressed envelope is not required.
Security at the Embassy
DO NOT BRING ELECTRONICS TO YOUR U.S. EMBASSY APPOINTMENT. Please note that you cannot enter Embassy property with any electronics. This includes laptops, tablets, memory cards, flash drives, or other peripherals. If you have any of these items in your possession, you will be asked find a place to store them away from the Embassy or to return on another day. The Embassy has small lockers which can accommodate a cell phone. No other electronics may be placed in these lockers.