Embassy Dublin informs U.S. citizens that the Irish Police (Garda) may conduct a 24-hour strike beginning at 7:00 a.m. Friday, November 4. Similar 24-hour strikes may also occur on all subsequent Fridays in November.
In the event of a strike be aware that the Irish Police have a plan in place for emergency response but that routine police response times may be delayed due to manpower issues.
In addition, the U.S. Embassy recommends that you review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Ireland Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ireland, located at 42 Elgin Road, Ballsbridge Dublin 4 at +(353) (1) 668-8777, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(353)(1) 630-6200.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.