United States Embassy Dublin, Ireland
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Protests outside U.S. Embassy on August 16, 2017
August 16, 2017
Embassy Dublin informs U.S. citizens that a protest is expected to begin at 6pm on August 16th in front of the U.S. Embassy in Dublin. The duration and exact number of participants is unknown.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place and exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Europe Travel Alert, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country-Specific Information Sheet for Ireland.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ireland, located at 42 Elgin Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, at +353 (1) 668-8777, after hours emergency number +353 (1) 668-8777, or by e-mail at ACSDublin@state.gov, or visit the Embassy website at https://ie.usembassy.gov/.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.