United States Embassy Dublin, Ireland
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Protests outside U.S. Embassy on June 2, 2017
June 2, 2017
Embassy Dublin informs U.S. citizens that a protest is planned from 1pm on June 2nd outside the U.S. Embassy in Dublin. The exact number of participants is unknown.
Even protests intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place and exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, the Europe Travel Alert, and Ireland Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ireland, located at 42 Elgin Road, Ballsbridge Dublin 4 at +(353) (1) 668-8777, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Calls after-hours will be connected to the duty officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.