Requests for Irish civil documents should be made directly to the:
General Register Office
Tel: +353 (0) 90 6632900
LoCall: 1890 252076
Fax: +353 (0) 90 6632999
The following facts should be typed or printed clearly when a request is made by mail:
- Full name of person as given on birth, death or marriage record.
- Sex and race.
- Parents’ names, including maiden name of mother.
- Month, day and year of the birth, marriage or death.
- Place of birth, marriage or death (city, town or county).
- Relationship to person whose record is on file.