Each applicant who has immediate travel plans, and needs to replace a lost/stolen U.S. passport (adults and minors) must apply in person at the U.S. Embassy Dublin, and provide the required documentation listed below. Email your request for an expedited appointment to ACSDublin@state.gov or call the main Embassy phone number +353 1 668-8777 and follow the prompts for lost/stolen passports. Please be aware that the U.S. Embassy is closed for both U.S. and Irish public holidays. A limited validity U.S. passport may be issued on the same day as your expedited appointment as determined by the consular officer.
If you intend to travel to another country with the limited validity emergency passport, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages.html to verify if the country will accept the emergency passport. Please note, not all countries accept the emergency passport for entry!
Lost passports are often recovered in Ireland. Please check with local Garda stations/lost and found services/transport services to see if it has been recovered before contacting the Embassy.
Please bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- DS-11 Passport application form: fill the form out electronically via the link, then print and bring it to your appointment. Do not sign form until the Consular Officer instructs you to do so at your appointment. This form cannot be submitted online. Alternatively, a printable PDF version is available here (101KB), which you can print and fill out by hand. Forms must be printed one sided, do not use correction fluid as this invalidates the application. Please disregard the instructions on the form as they are for U.S. citizens applying to renew a passport within the United States. Please only follow the instructions on this website.
- DS-64 Statement regarding a lost or stolen U.S. Passport book: (48KB) Please complete, print, and bring this form to your appointment – do not use correction fluid as this invalidates the form. If your passport is damaged, this form is not required, however you will be required to write a statement at your Embassy appointment which details how your passport became damaged.
- A Police Report: detailing the loss or theft of the passport, if available.
- All available Identification: such as a birth certificate, driver’s license, photocopy of the missing passport if lost/stolen, or an expired U.S. passport.
- One 2″x 2″ U.S. passport size photo: photo must have clear white background, no shadows, no eye glasses to be worn. Irish passport sized photos not accepted, the U.S. sized photos are a larger size – 2 inches x 2 inches. You can find all passport photo requirements here.
- Click here for Passport Fees. No expedited service is available outside of the U.S., please do not submit the additional fee for this service. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Proof of immediate international travel: bring a copy of your itinerary and ticket reservations.
To replace a minor (under 16 years of age) lost/stolen U.S. passport, please prepare and bring the required documentation listen on the Renewal of a child’s passport under age 16 webpage, and include the DS-64 statement (48KB), and a police report. if possible. A stamped addressed envelope is not required.
Security at the Embassy
DO NOT BRING ELECTRONICS TO YOUR U.S. EMBASSY APPOINTMENT. Please note that you cannot enter Embassy property with any electronics. This includes laptops, tablets, memory cards, flash drives, or other peripherals. If you have any of these items in your possession, you will be asked find a place to store them away from the Embassy or to return on another day. The Embassy has small lockers which can accommodate a cell phone. No other electronics may be placed in these lockers.