Welcome to the Federal Benefits Unit in Dublin.
>>> Telephone Service Closing as of 16 March 2020 <<<
Effective March 16th, the Federal Benefits Unit will not be able to receive telephone calls initiated by the public. We encourage you to submit any questions to FBU.Dublin@ssa.gov or to use our online enquiry form to seek services. We will be monitoring these correspondence regularly and will respond as quickly as possible.
The Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) provides services for six federal benefits programs outside the U.S. The largest program is the Social Security Administration. The Dublin Federal Benefits Unit provides services for the Social Security Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Personnel Management and Railroad Retirement Board. We provide services to residents of Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
The Federal Benefits Unit is unable to answer inquiries related to visas, passports or other non-federal benefit issues.
You may contact us in a variety of ways but the most efficient way is by using our online form.
Visit www.socialsecurity.gov for more information on mySocialSecurity accounts and the online services that are currently available. SSA is working to improve and expand the available services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- mySocialSecurity online services
- Filing for Benefits or Medicare (Certification of Request for Benefits or Medicare)
- Social Security Numbers (SSN)
- Reporting a Change of Address or Direct Deposit
- Reporting a Death (Certification of Death of a Social Security Beneficiary)
- Social Security Benefit Statements
- Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire (Forms SSA-7161 or SSA-7162)