Welcome to the Federal Benefits Unit in Dublin.
The Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) provides services for six federal benefits programs outside the U.S. The largest program is the Social Security Administration. The Dublin Federal Benefits Unit provides services for the Social Security Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Personnel Management and Railroad Retirement Board. We provide services to residents of Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
The Federal Benefits Unit is unable to answer inquiries related to visas, passports or other non-federal benefit issues.
You may contact us in a variety of ways but the most efficient way is by using our online form.
Visit www.socialsecurity.gov for more information on mySocialSecurity accounts and the online services that are currently available. SSA is working to improve and expand the available services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- mySocialSecurity online services
- Filing for Benefits or Medicare (Certification of Request for Benefits or Medicare)
- Social Security Numbers (SSN)
- Reporting a Change of Address or Direct Deposit
- Reporting a Death (Certification of Death of a Social Security Beneficiary)
- Social Security Benefit Statements
- Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire (Forms SSA-7161 or SSA-7162)