Some applicants may be able to apply for or renew a visa via courier without attending an in person visa interview. Due to limited in person visa appointments, please avail of this option if you are eligible. Please review the following for eligibility:
- Applicants under 14 years of age or over 79 years of age may apply for and renew a visa by courier if physically present in the Republic of Ireland.
- Applicants renewing a visa if the following requirements are met:
- The applicant is physically present in the Republic of Ireland
- The previous visa was issued by the U.S. Embassy in Dublin
- One is applying for the same visa category
- The previous visa that is physically in your passport is still valid OR has been expired for less than one year on the day it is received by the Embassy
- You are in possession of the previous visa
- If the previous visa does NOT have the following text, ‘Clearance Received’ or ‘212(a) waiver of ineligibility’
- If you are a J, F, or M visa applicant, your SEVIS ID is the same on your old I-20/DS-2019 as your current I-20/DS-2019
- If you answer ‘NO’ to all of the ‘Medical and Health’, ‘Criminal’, ‘Security’ or ‘Immigration Law Violation’ questions on the DS-160 Visa application form.
How to avail of the renewal by courier option:
- Complete and submit a DS-160 visa application form. The DS-160 needs to be completed online, and transmits the applicant’s data to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where s/he will apply for the visa. The U.S. Embassy Dublin will only accept the online application form (DS-160) for all non-immigrant visas. This web-based visa application form is mandatory. Follow this link for further instructions on completing the online form.
- Once the application is complete, applicants should then log on to http://usvisa-info.com and follow the online instructions. You will be asked a series of questions similar to ensure your eligibility for the courier application or renewal process.
If you require assistance or have questions, please contact customer service: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ie/niv/information/contact_us.
Please note: Processing time is approximately 7-10 days if renewing by courier on average, inclusive of shipping times. In some cases, processing might take longer. An application by courier does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. The Embassy may request any applicant who applies or renews by courier to appear in person for an interview. Any incomplete applications will be returned to the sender without being processed.